Electricity is a wonderful commodity. However we must be responsible with it to avoid injury and damage.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF ELECTRICITY?
Here are some of the risks if electrical safety is neglected:
- People can be easily killed or seriously burned by electricity.
- Electrical problems can cause fires. Moreover electrical fires require special fire extinguishers.
- A short circuit can damage electrical wiring and appliances. This can be costly and inconvenient.
- You could be liable if someone is injured by faulty electrical equipment on your premises.
- Faulty appliances can give inaccurate measurements, eg of temperature, time, chemicals, etc. Inaccuracies could result in poor performance, unreliable results, equipment damage or personal injury.